Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Another pound down...

You won't believe this... but she's another pound heavier! 13 lbs. 10 oz. The doctor is going to think that I'm bringing her in just to weigh her... but we had to go back , again, to see Dr. Garza. Mariel's had a stomach bug the last few days, and was not herself at all. She slept more than 24 hours, pretty much straight on, and was getting mom a little worried. But this morning, right before her appointment, she woke up and was all smiles. So whatever it is she had... is going away. Which makes me really happy to see her happy again. So my baby is growing, and growing faster than my arms will allow. She's so heavy, and I find myself having to put her in her swing just to give my jiggle arms a rest. I'm going to have to start bench pressing her just to get these arms in shape!!! Anyway, it's been a week since I last posted anything, so I just thought I'd so the 'what's happening'...
She's also learning to sit up a little bit on her own. Her crunches are becoming more controlled, and she rolled over the other night and scared me to death! She was on the bed, propped with a pillow and managed to tumble right over. It was awesome!!! She's also really starting to show that she recognizes mom & dad. Whenever I come in the room, if she's in her crib and fussing, all I have to do is say her name and she starts smiling!!!
This baby stuff is so incredible!!! I LOVE IT!!! Hope you all are enjoying her pictures too! We'll get some more this week, now that she's feeling a little better.

1 comment:

CnR NRQCC said...

Sounds like everything is on the up swing! How exciting... she's starting to sit up!! Hope we can see pictures of that. What an awesome feeling that must be for Mariel to recognize you guys! How rewarding. I can't wait until Nolan does that. Hope all continues to go well.
Love,
Corey, Randi & Nolan